Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Is Off To a Running Start

The first week of the year has started off with a bang!  I've run, I've yoga'd, we've skated and Monster Jammed, I've organised my life, I have signed up for multiple challenges (see the 2014 Challenges tab) and there was even an epic Disney Scene It showdown with the husband.


(The epic blowout!  If my husband would quit falling asleep during family movie nights he might stand a chance against me.)



My first couple of runs this year have brought me a couple firsts as well, my best ever mile at 9 minutes 59 seconds (told you I'm not fast) and a run with frost on the ground and sunglasses on my face, those were two pretty great runs.  I was also finally able to bust out all my new Christmas presents, aka running gear, after a 2 week hiatus to nurse some sore muscles.  Nothing says you're a runner like getting, and being excited about, a tiny pink can of mace and some Star Trek headphones. I was also able to sneak in a great hot yoga session thanks to my wonderful hubby for watching The Bratlings.

 

(Careful the track is very slippery when frosty)


This week my big kiddo also went back to school and boy were we ready!  Well he was ready to show off his new hat and I was ready for a little bit of quiet around the house.
  

My boy also got to have a special mom & dad date night, with no sister!  We went to dinner, where he promptly told the hostess that he wanted fruit salad with a grilled cheese and orange juice and then we were off to see the monster trucks.  My boy is a huge fan of monster trucks!  What boy isn't, right?  But mine is especially obsessed.  We have rallies in the living room where he makes me introduce each and every truck before they race, God forbid I don't know their names. We had a great night out, it's always fun to have a special one on one date.


We also celebrated a very special little ladies 5th birthday this weekend, at the roller rink.  Our little friend Sofia is such an amazing, beautiful and clever little girl, I can't even believe that she is already 5!  She is also an incredible roller skater!  Seriously impressed by those skills.  Claire is also a natural roller skater, not like her mom at all, she took to the floor like a professional.  She went half way around using her dad's hands and then moved to a little trainer and told us "yee me yone! Don't touch me!", finished her lap and ditched the trainer as well.  I couldn't believe how quickly she got the hang of it!  Adrien on the other hand hated it!  He was much more interested in the race car games, of course. Oh well, maybe he will be a race car driver and Claire will be my little roller derby queen. 



Yes, I'd say this year is off to a great start. I will keep my fingers crossed that the next 51 weeks are just as great.  Remember to "follow me" so you don't miss out!  Now I am off to run 6 miles.



1 comment:

  1. She totally killed that six miles too! Fresh off the DL even! I was there. I told her I was there to keep her company but really I just wanted to check out her butt in her running pants! Way to push yourself babe! Nice butt too!

    ReplyDelete