Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aspirations Not Resolutions
 
 
What is a resolution anyway?  It's a firm decision to do something or the process of solving a problem.   Well I can't make long term "firm" decisions and I have no problems to solve so for 2014 I have a list of aspirations.  Aspiration = ambition = a desire to achieve something.   I have a lot of things I want to achieve this year so on the first day of the new year I will share them with you and you can follow along on my journey.  I may fall off the wagon at times and I may not complete them all but I have big plans for this year.  In no particular order here are my 2014 aspirations.
 
  • Finish my first 10k (http://stpaddyruntacoma.com/)
  • Start a blog (check)  
  • Craft more
  • Get more sleep (this will be hard due to the previous aspiration)
  • Get my little side business back up and running
  • Lose 20 pounds
  • Be a better mom (there is always room for improvement) 
  • Do a 30 day fitness challenge at least every other month
  • Finally meet my VBFF (virtual best friend forever) in real life
  • Make more time for the husband
  • Run a race a month throughout the spring/summer season
  • Eat more fruits and veggies
  • Trail run!
  • Take more family trips
  • Spend less time plugged in and more time on the floor playing with the kids
  • Meatless Mondays
  • Paint Claire's dresser
  • Run a half marathon
  • Spend more time with my girlfriends
  • Read a real book (not electronically and not about child behavior, diets or running)
  • Keep up on my new blog
  • Take more pictures with my real camera
  • Find a balance between chores, time with the kids, working out and "mommy time"
Let's get this party started! 
 
“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.”
Louisa May Alcott


3 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy your joining the blogosphere. Let's do the 52 week project together :) it will help you with your "take photos with my real camera" aspiration. Let's talk soon please, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM IN THE BLOG!!!!!!!!!
    You are my hero. I have always wanted to start a blog....and our aspirations are quite similar. Go figure. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lose TWENTY pounds! Sir Mix a Lot put it best when he said " You can do side bends or sit ups but please don't lose that butt"!

    ReplyDelete