Sunday, January 26, 2014

So Your Mom Is a Creeper, Deal With It

Fact, sleeping children are the best. Another fact, sleeping children are also the cutest.  And mine are no exception to the rule.  I love to watch my kids sleep.  I can't even get in bed until I go peak at them and listen to their soft little snores.  I almost always snap a picture of them too.  I mean do you ever look at them and think "that can't be comfy"?  I have quite a collection of sleeping pictures that will surely come back to haunt them in their dating years. 



During the day, between all the fighting and screaming and tantrums and sassy mouths, I forget how wonderful they really are.  It's so easy for me to just go through the motions of the day without really looking at them. Obviously I see them but I don't really look at them, I don't have time or we are always off to do the next things and I just don't take the minute to really watch them.  Honestly sometimes I will sit down to play with one of them and I look up and I think 'Whoa, where did this real live boy come from?  Where's my baby?'.  Then there are those days, that I'm certain all parents have, where I just can't wait for it to be bedtime so I can have some peace and quiet.  Then after the bedtime battle there is the silence.  The sweet silence but then what? Then I miss them and I can't wait for them to wake up.   This is when I sneak in and just watch them sleep, listen to them breathe and sometimes, very carefully sneak into bed with them for some snuggling.  


I know that all parents think that their kid is the cutest kid that has ever graced the planet but in my case this is the absolute truth.  I'm not at all bias here.  If I could function on only an hour of sleep per day I would stay up and just watch them sleep all night.  Their little red rosy cheeks, the ridiculous ways they get "comfortable', the quiet snores, just all of it but the very best part is they are quiet and not sassing me or hitting each other.  They earned their title of "The Bratlings" for a reason, you know. 



(Maz, the cat, rotates which kid she sleeps with each night and it's always the cutest)

Does this make me weird?  Maybe but I just don't care, they won't be small forever and when they are big I will have to stay up much later to be able to sneak in and snuggle them.  I just can't help myself!  What about you?  I know I'm not the only weirdo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment