Friday, January 24, 2014

Meatless Monday on Friday

Well this week has been a little rough at our house, all four of us are down and out with a terrible case of the snots. Which is why I am so super behind here.  Oops.  I also finally saw my physical therapist this week and got some not awesome news but not news that I wasn't expecting.  My dreams of running a sub 65 10k by March 15th have been crushed.  Boo hoo! I may still run it but it won't be fast and I won't run the whole thing. I'm looking at the bigger picture though and refocusing my "training" to that first half in September.  Gotta put in the work now, even if that means I basically have to start from scratch. 

(my first walk on the road to healed and Claire helping me out with my ice massage)

Now on to Meatless Monday! It was actually meatless Tuesday, i was completely unprepared this week.

Lasagna Roll-Ups

This weeks recipe is not new to me, it's actually a favorite at our house.  I really just kind of wing it on all of my recipes, and this one is super easy so you can just play with it and I will give you the basic idea.  I really like to hide vegetables in my recipes as well and this would be a perfect recipe to do that.  I didn't have any veggie purees on hand this time but next time I will plan ahead. Cauliflower would be perfect, it would blend right in with that ricotta texture, or squash, butternut would probably be amazing!


  • 1 box of lasagna noodles (or giant shells)
  • Marinara sauce
  • Shredded Mozzarella
  • 3 cups of ricotta cheese
  • 1 box of frozen chopped spinach 
  • Shredded parmesan
  • garlic powder
  • salt
  • pepper
  • a dash or 2 of nutmeg 
  • and a cute little helper


  • Boil noodles as the box indicates, rinse them and let them cool
  • Mix everything else together in a big bowl, seasoning to taste. 
  • Spoon a little marinara into the bottom of your baking dish
  • Spread a couple spoon fulls of cheese mix onto each noodle, roll them up and line them up in the dish
  • Spoon more marina over the top of the lasagna rolls and sprinkle mozzarella on top
  • Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or until hot all the way through. 


(this is where the cute helpers really have fun)


(Yummy!)

If you like ricotta you definitely have to try these, I'm sure they will be a hit at your house too.  If it's not Meatless Monday at your house that night you could probably even add a little Italian sausage to the cheese mix. I bet Kyle would love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment